Sunday, May 11, 2014

Israeli Couscous Salad

This was the second side I made for our Magret de Canard meal. This is my first time having Israeli couscous. I love to try new things and explore the flavor and texture of it. I serve everything I cook to my children (I cook their meat until well done), I like them to enjoy it and figure out what they like or don't like. I always have a back up plan just in case they don't like it. I can already tell my son is a very picky eater and my daughter sure knows what she like and doesn't. She did love the duck and couscous salad. Its a really simple, refreshing and healthy dish. I hope you will enjoy it.

Note: On the bottom of the plate is Mango glaze. Mango puree reduced on low heat. Its Optional

Ingredients:

1 cup Israeli Couscous

1/2 cup Water

2 cups Chicken Stock

1Tbsp Olive Oil

1/4 Tsp White Ground Pepper

1/2 Tsp Salt

Juice of 1 Lime

2 Tbsp Honey

1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)

2 cups English Cucumber (chopped with skin on)

2 cups Mango (chopped)

1 Tbsp Olive Oil



Directions: Couscous

1. In a pot add couscous, water and chicken stock. Bring to a boil then turn the heat down to medium low. Cover and lit it cook, occasionally stirring it.

2. Once the couscous is el dente, pout into a bowl and add 1 tbsp olive oil so it doesn't stick. Let it cool

Directions: Salad

1. In a mixing bowl add salt, pepper, lime juice, honey, and oil. Whisk until its combined. Add chopped mango, cumber and cilantro, couscous and toss it all together. You may add some chopped jalapenos if you want to give it a little kick.



No comments:

Post a Comment